We wanted to give you the latest news on the boat ramps that The City agreed in 2016 to improve. They are planning on improving 4 existing boat ramps and installing 3 new boat ramps on the Bow River over the next few years. Check the map on this website for locations.
Boat trailers will be able to use these ramps, which will open up the Bow River in central Calgary to fishing boats.
The City plans on installing riverbank signs for these sites in 2018, but unfortunately they are not installing street signs.
West Baker Park –
- A parking lot, portable toilet, picnic tables, & information display have been installed at this boat ramp so far–see photo.
- CRUA requested disabled access toilets at all locations, so that they would be large enough to be used as change rooms too.
- A washroom building probably won’t be completed until 2019 or ’20.
Shouldice Highway Bridge –
- No improvements have been done at this hand launch so far, and a temporary boat ramp probably won’t be completed until late 2018 or 2019.
Inglewood 12 Street –
- A portable toilet has been installed at this hand launch so far.
- A boat ramp, access road, & washroom building probably won’t be completed until late 2019.
- CRUA will be asking the City to clear the shoreline brush to make the hand launch more usable in the meantime.
Harvie Passage –
- The repair of this facility is scheduled for completion this year.
- A concrete boat ramp has been installed at the downstream end of the Passage, with an access road to the boat ramp possibly completed in 2018–see feature photo.
- CRUA is discussing a potential whitewater park with the City and Province.
Refinery Park (Ogden Road) –
- No work has started at this proposed new public boat ramp, although an engineering study is underway.
- a boat ramp, portable toilet, & parking lot probably won’t be completed until late 2019.
Graves Bridge (Glenmore Trail) –
- An information display & temporary toilet have been installed here.
- CRUA is asking the City to install a proper portable toilet.
Douglasdale North –
- No work has started at this proposed new public boat ramp.
- A boat ramp, portable toilet, & parking lot probably won’t be completed until 2022.